Thursday, September 29, 2016

Week 1 Blog Post

 

Week 1


Topic 1: About You

I chose to enroll in this course because it is required for my major. I chose to be a business major because I am passionate about event planning and this class will be very helpful for my future career. While taking this course I hope to discover new ways to market and how they will be beneficial to me when I become an event planner.

Something that I am very passionate about is adventuring and finding hidden gems in beautiful Oregon.


Topic 2: Marketing in the News

Rumor has it that the iPhone 8 is already being designed for next and will be a complete throwback for iPhone's 10th anniversary. It is being said that the new iPhone will have a glass back like the iPhone 4 and 4s. The new design is also pointing to the evolution of charging for Apple and could possibly become wireless.

Most importantly Mashable claims that there is no going back for Apple.



Word of mouth is extremely important for companies like Apple. They haven't even announced that they are starting to work on the iPhone 8 and people already know about it. Even the iPhone 7 hasn't been officially announced as being in stores for sale and there have already been more than plenty sold. Apple thrives on the simple word of mouth and I truly believe it is what makes their sales so immense. They don't focus on telling customers to go by the iPhone, they let the iPhone advertise itself.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment